I am honored to announce that a chapter I wrote has been published in a book. Nope – it’s not the additional Appendix that I sent the author of Everyone Poops, but is instead Tribal SQL. Edited and produced by the infamous Jen McCown and published by Red Gate the books is on sale now.
If you are attending PASS Summit you can pick up a free copy at the Red Gate booth October 16th 6 – 8PM, and you can meet some of the authors Friday October 18th at 10:45AM.
My chapter carries the title Guerrilla Project Management for DBAs and offers advice on how a DBA can use some simple techniques to better communicate what they do, how effective they are, and why they should be given huge raises.
Reasons you should buy this book:
- All author royalties go the the worthy charity Computers 4 Africa.
- There are many other great chapters from my fellow authors including:
- What changed? Auditing solutions in SQL Server
- Agile Database Development
- Verifying backups using statistical sampling
- Taming Transactional Replication
- SQL Injection: How it Works and How to Thwart it
- Building Better Reports
Hit it up Tribal SQL on Amazon to purchase: